Well, technically I never "wrapped in," so how can I wrap up? There have been no blog posts in almost a year. It's a travesty. I mean, come on! I suppose I should summarize the year.
Here are the highlights. A few months into kindergarten, Eddie's teacher thought he was having seizures. Scary as hell. I took the poor kid to the doctor twice for two separate instances, and she said it's a highly dangerous lapse of attention called "zoning out." My kid was bored since everything at the beginning of the year is review and we spent the summer doing homeschool. So I learned my lesson. No learning all summer. It is verboten.
But eventually school got interesting and he quit counting ceiling tiles. And finished kindergarten at the top of his class. Eat dust, other five-year-olds!
I guess that's only two highlights. My memory is not what it used to be.
So Eddie's starting first grade in a few weeks, and I've still got Moira at home because she's not four until October. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this kid. It's like I can't even remember what life was like before summer break and she had a constant playmate. Ugh. If anyone else with little kids wants to get together after school starts, please let me know. I'm desperate.
No comments:
Post a Comment