Saturday, July 12, 2014

Going all Katniss on the Bullseye

Only two posts this week. Really there's been nothing exciting happening. We did very little schoolwork this week, which I felt bad about, but then my husband reminded me it's still summer. Technically, I don't have to do anything right now. And I'm throwing a baby shower on Sunday, so why stress out about school right now? Next week we'll get back to the routine.

I do have something to gripe about (gasp! quelle surprise!)

I went to Target on Thursday with both children. Always an enjoyable experience, she says sarcastically. And I encountered this, the bane of my existence:


Actually I bought pork chops. This image was ripped off from Target Savers, but you get the idea. 
Big Red Sale Sticker.

Now if you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know I love a sale. In an unnatural way. So why is the Big Red Sale Sticker the plight of my shopping experience? Because with Target's meat, at least at my local Target, you're basically playing meat roulette. Will it or will it not be fit for human consumption? And then I have to call my sainted mother, oracle for all that is spoiled, and make her sniff my meat. Try saying that with a straight face. And in this particular instance, the aforementioned pork was slimy. Fabulous. Which required another trip to Target to return the pork chops AND a watermelon quarter that also bore the dreaded Big Red Sale Sticker and was also spoiled. Again with the two children in tow.

Now, I have been enamored with Target since they first came to my city over ten years ago. I have been a faithful worshiper at the altar of the Bullseye up to this point, but this is not the first time I've had to scrap my dinner plans because Target sold me maggot food. So to say I've been underwhelmed lately would be an understatement.

My sainted mother left this little nugget on my Facebook page last week, knowing full well that it would make me crazy. She's mean like that, and wants to see just how granola I really am. These brave people are spending a year without groceries, which gets my brain hamster running because I'm a food snob and hate prepackaged food. I also love farms and making things myself. And now Target has pissed me off, so what's a mom to do? I'm also considering having all my food and groceries delivered because I'm lazy and my giant vehicle gets 12 miles to the gallon. And the UPS man is hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment