Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Two Days, One Post

I hate posting a day late. I can't ever remember what we did. I know we breezed through 10 out of 11 of his weekly reading pages, played with his tiny 3D torso puzzle, read his science book, lost his television privileges, did math problems with Inchimals, and played with this:

Skwooshi!



It's like Play-Doh that doesn't dry out and is less messy. It doesn't stick to stuff. They had lots of fun. Another great activity that came with his Timberdoodle curriculum. Speaking of which, all Timberdoodle complete curriculum is on sale this week for July 4th. I'm sincerely mad that I jumped the gun and ordered early. I could have waited and saved over a hundred bucks. Live and learn.

Today, however, we have done next to nothing. Everyone woke up with upset stomachs. Apparently when small people don't eat enough the night before, they wake up ravenously hungry and with hurting stomachs. So I was on vomit watch all morning and couldn't sneak away to get a shower until the end of Sesame Street. And then it was lunch time. So they are playing, putting train tracks together, taking pretend naps (my kids are weird), and losing their television privileges for the whole week as punishment for being disrespectful. Momma don't play. So it's going to be a very long week.

Fortunately, we have this to do tonight:


Let me explain.

This is a carton of eggs that my husband and I carefully and tediously cracked open on the ends and saved every time we made eggs. This only took us about a week. We eat a LOT of eggs. I rinsed them with a little soapy water and let them dry. Now they are filled with tempera paint and covered by glue-sticking a little tissue paper over the opening. Here's the blog  I swiped the idea from. Be advised, her pictures are WAY better than mine. I blame my outdated phone. 

Anyway, tonight we are taking the eggs into the yard and hurling them at a big canvas that was given to me. I've been waiting for something really great to do with it, since it's not every day someone (my sister) just up and gives you a large canvas. Photos of this hilarity will be in tomorrow's post. Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment