So instead of the normal break down of our day -which went like this: Toy Story, Veggie Tales, Horton, Veggie Tales- I'm going to talk about my new favorite thing, online subscription shopping. I'm in love love love with a couple of new websites that are making my life easier. Today it's Honest.com.
I know a lot of you moms have seen the ads popping up on Facebook for Honest, and I was extremely skeptical. I thought it was all going to be overpriced and not worth the trouble. Boy, was I wrong. I really had just planned on getting a few diapers samples for my sister and then cancelling the whole thing. But once again, I was snagged by a discount. After receiving the samples, I called to cancel my subscription. The girl at Honest, who spoke English in an American way, offered me a 15% discount, something I am not programmed to refuse. And she took the time to explain to me why Honest diapers are so much more earth- and kid-friendly than commercial diapers. But I can't explain it to you because I don't remember. Basically my kid could eat these diapers and she'd be fine. (*Disclaimer: Please note I do not, nor do I advocate, feeding diapers to children.*) So being the conscious consumer that I am, I got the diapers for my two-year-old daughter, and they fit her better than any pull-up style diaper I have tried so far. And they don't leak unless I've really just let it go.
So my other concern was price. Obviously the diapers are great, but I can't shell out mad money on something for her to pee in. The reality is this: these diapers are more expensive than Pampers or Huggies, but they are on par with the other natural brands.
The Nitty Gritty:
Here's the cost analysis comparing Honest's price with what's available on Amazon, since that's about the cheapest place to buy diapers. The size I'm using is the 3T/4T size since that's what the princess wears.
Honest sends me 138 diapers for $79.95, which comes to $.58 a diaper, plus they send four packages of wipes for free. And if you need more packages, you get a 25% discount. Score! Plus you can actually schedule when the diapers get sent. So if you don't need them every month, you don't automatically get them.
Amazon sells Pampers EasyUps for $.31 a diaper and Huggies Pull-Ups for $.41 a diaper.
The "natural" brands are more expensive with Earth's Best at $.46 a diaper, Seventh Generation at $.55 a diaper, and Naty by Nature Babycare at $.62 a diaper once you add the shipping charge.
So the price isn't crazy compared to the other natural diapers, and I feel better about putting them on the precious bottom. Plus, it's a great incentive to get the kid potty-trained.

No comments:
Post a Comment