Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Captain, that's Not Logical...Word Problems from Hell

So today I introduced a new game called Logic Street, which is supposed to help kids with problem solving skills. Take a look at the link and it will give you a good idea of what's involved. But it has little houses, little people, and little animals, and based on the clue cards, your child has to figure out where each critter is supposed to live. It's words problem with no math, basically kinder-algebra. The only catch is there's no answer key, and, (heh heh) to say Mama's not so good at algebra would be an understatement. There are 84 clue cards that get progressively harder, and by card 3 I was feeling a little brain fatigue.

 
I think we've established that this is a Daddy game. But I will diagram the hell out of some sentences when the time comes.

I'm also at a loss as to how to keep Little Miss Priss occupied while her brother works. She has a few of her own workbooks she colors in, but that only goes so far. I love the idea of sensory bins, but I also don't want to distract her brother. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment