Monday, June 16, 2014

Yes, It's Still Summer

But we're starting homeschool early. My almost-five-year-old has been out of preschool for a week, and it's already getting desperate. This kid needs something to do! Thank God I ordered curriculum early. So we're starting the big experiment.

He had a great preschool year in private school. He loved it; the school was great; he made friends. But now our voucher year is over, and most of his friends are going to public school in the fall. I can afford to keep him in private school. But he has a little sister, and tuition costs go up every year, so I'm not willing to start him at a school when I can't commit to him finishing. So my husband and I arrived at the decision we always kind of knew we'd make. Of course, he has a day job. And I don't. (Insert disembowelment scene here.)


Hey, Botticelli, it just got real. 

So today was our first day, and it went well. We're just kind of winging it. I have a loose schedule that came with the kindergarten curriculum I ordered from Timberdoodle which just says what you should complete in a week to get done in a school year, but I'm thinking a planner might be a good idea. And, of course, the little kindergartner wants to play with every single toy and manipulative the first day, and he just had an early birthday party, so he's suffering from toy overload. It looks kind of like this:


Yeah, Mama's not scared. But homeschool's freaking me out just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment