Thursday, June 19, 2014

Mommy Like a Rock Star

I totally rocked Day 4. No lie. Eddie has basically finished his work this week. He's got a few little assignments to do and then his book work is done, so we went for a field trip to get some errands run. We went to one of his favorite places, the pet supply store. Dogface needed food and a new collar (which she was super pleased with) and Eddie needed to look at fish. The employees at the Pet Supermarket by our house are really friendly and helpful. We got to watch them feed the baby ferrets, and one employee saw the kids oohing and aahing over the fish and came to show us some interesting varieties, like a fish that swims upside-down and a fish with no eyes. It was pretty cool.

And seeing as how we were right next to the natural food store and had no dinner plans, we grabbed a few things and jetted home to throw together a crock pot meal. I picked this up from Laura Must Lose Weight on Facebook. I can't find the link to the exact recipe, but I want to make sure she gets credit.  Forgive my amateur photos.

I threw together about three pounds of chicken breast, a can of coconut milk, a bag of frozen mangoes, and a dash of red pepper and salt. Ideally I would have gotten two bags of mangoes, but I only had one coupon. C'est la vie.


Put it in the crock pot and turn it on low. I'm only cooking it for about six hours, but I've left it in for longer before and it was fine.

When we came home, we did a science project from our curriculum, Messy Science, that required we be outside learning about UV rays and the sun and how to protect ourselves from it, so naturally we had to cool down. And naturally we killed two birds with one stone and brought out the shampoo and a sponge. It totally counts as a bath, shut up.


No comments:

Post a Comment