Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 2 - Intro to Online Shopping, and Other Homeschool Courses

Welcome to Intro to Online Shopping, also called Avoiding Children 101.

It wasn't just me, okay. The kiddos didn't particularly want to work either. I've heard Day 2 can be rough, so I tried not to push too hard, but I'm beat. We actually got a lot more done than I thought: geography, science, art, finished yesterday's math, and worked through a reader. But what they really want is the toys.

If you're not familiar with Timberdoodle, it's a very hands-on curriculum, which means it comes with a lot of toys. Heck, I even ordered some extra toys just because I thought they looked fun. And I'm finding that the toys really come in handy when a little boy has to be bribed to finish his math copy work.

And all of my spare time (when Sesame Street was on) was spent cleaning the craft cabinet and shopping online for stuff I never actually buy. Online window shopping is a glorious thing, and my window of choice (time killer) lately has been Zulily. It's a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment