At least they're cute.
And the one thing no one complained about today was dinner. Eddie asked what we were having and I said, dun dun dun, chicken liver. (Cue horror movie music here.) And his excited response: "Are we eating any boom-booming hearts, too?"
Perhaps I should explain. Eddie is crazy about biology. He wants to know how everything in his body works and why, so I do my best to explain the parts I understand in an understandable way. And I fall short most of the time. So when I bought a whole roasting chicken that still had the gizzards, I rifled through that stuff to see what was still recognizable. I was richly rewarded with a perfect tiny chicken heart, which I enthusiastically called him over to look at. And this thing was cool. It still had ventricles attached, and then I cut it open so he could see the chambers. He was sufficiently impressed. And then he wanted to eat it. Far be it from me to stand in the way of gastronomical discovery. He's been in love with organ meat ever since.
Daddy was horrified, but had the good sense to keep it to himself.

No comments:
Post a Comment