Friday, June 20, 2014

One Small Week for Man...

You may have noticed a change to the blog. Do not attempt to adjust your set. I was having some editing issues, so my sister Rachel slapped some lipstick on this pig and fancied her up a little. Obligatory shout-out over.

Today marks the end of our first week of homeschooling, and the observations of a new teacher-mom are as follows:

My son will do anything for his maze book, like finish-his-math anything
Trips to the store are more exciting when we learn or see something new
We don't have nearly enough art supplies
When describing a new project or activity, my husband will invariably look at me like I'm crazy
There's a lot less time to get life-related action items done

I have way too much going on in the next few weeks. And I feel like I'm knocking helium balloons out of the sky only to have them rise right back up and say, "Is that all you got?" Which is how stress-related ice cream and I have gotten to be good friends. Stress-related ice cream is ice cream consumed in the middle of the day, sometimes mid-morning, for absolutely no reason other than the fact that it's there and you have clean spoons. Sometimes it even evolves into stress-related chips and dip, cookies, or the ever-popular luncharita. But it will never ever be stress-related carrot sticks. So school has left very little time for me to plan the rest of my life. So next week will include more life planning. But not in a creepy, write-your-will kind of way.

And lastly, this mess-free art project has been everywhere on the web, but we finally tried it today. I set it up before breakfast so the kids would have something to do besides beg for cartoons while I cooked. Here's what we had by the end.


And the bags are still taped to the table. I called them place-mats so I wouldn't have to move them.

And here's the kids playing with their Pajaggle, which Eddie absolutely loves. He's playing while his sister laments the plight of post-modern man. Sharing's a bitch.


2 comments:

  1. Quite the fancy blog, indeed! Is "no-mess" artwork just paint in a ziplock bag??? I'm just curious. I may have some no-mess raw chicken if you're interested in another art project. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, please refer to the crock pot meal in the previous post. You could always grab a free-weight and tenderize it if you're feeling "artistic".

    ReplyDelete